Features: Facts or characteristics of a product or a service. Example: Our hotel provides 24-hour services which include a state-of-the-art Business Centre, Concierge service, Doctor on call, In-room dining, i-pod with docking station, Laundry and dry-cleaning, Broadband and Wi-Fi internet, Car and Limousine service, and various other international amenities and services. Research shows:
- Features have a small impact during the initial stages of a selling process
- Telling more features creates an opportunity for the guest to front more objections
- Features have very less impact in the advanced stages of a sales call
Advantages: Show how a product can be used or is better than that of the competition. Example: Our hotel is the closest to the international airport as well as near the central business district and is located in a high security zone. Research shows:
- Advantages have a positive effect in the initial stage of a selling process.
- Have less impact in the latter stages of the sales cycle.
Benefits: Show how a product can meet the concrete need expressed by the guest. Examples: Having our own Pan-Asian restaurant ensures that your Japanese guests staying at our hotel will be very comfortable with us, especially since our staff have also learnt basic Japanese and will be able to converse with your guests / Is parking a major concern? Do not worry as our hotel offers parking for up to 400 cars at any point of time / Our rooms with balconies directly overlooking the sea will offer your guests the opportunity to take in the sea-spray during their stay. Research shows:
- Benefits have a consistently high impact throughout the selling cycle.