How do Customers perceive Salesmen in general?
We have come across quite a few good sales-people who are efficient and effective. They consistently achieve targets and are respected by their clients. However, the majority of sales-people do not meet the above criteria. What do clients feel about sales-people who call on them? In a survey carried out with various customers, the following observations were made about sales-people:
1. They talk too much.
2. They do not listen to our needs.
3. They display a ‘know-it-all’ attitude.
4. They try to sell without understanding our specific requirements.
5. They do not show much concern about our business process.
6. We are bombarded with unnecessary technical jargon.
7. Their follow-up is based only on their needs and not on ours.
8. They are desperate to close the order.
9. Very rarely do they follow up after collecting the order.
10. They become defensive when pointed out about product and service deficiencies.