Micros’ 2012 eCommerce in Independent Hotels Report examines how independent hotel operators are using web and mobile technologies to engage with guests.
- 37% of hotels respond to every TripAdvisor review of their property, whether positive or negative.
- 6% allow the guest to book a table in the hotel restaurant during online room booking.
- 10% have a website that is optimized for mobile phones.
- 85% have a Facebook page, although the quality of updates vary, with only 43% of hotels putting details of promotions and offers on the site.
- 75% have a Twitter account, but only 35% responded when asked a question via the site.
- 39% did not appear on the first page of Google results for their keywords